The 12 pieces in Volume 2 are structured to follow the same progression of finger patterns introduced in the “Early Start” method, Volumes 2 and 3. The later repertoire in this volume includes a careful introduction of downward and upward extensions.
The “Cello Recital Album”, Volume 2 (BA 8995), can be used as a supplement to the “Early Start on the Cello” method, Volumes 2 and 3 (BA 8997 and BA 8998).
Collections of recital pieces for the cello:
• Charming collections of easy pieces in first position
• Each cello part is supported by a piano accompaniment for student performances
• Alternately a second cello part allows duo playing with the teacher during lessons. This early introduction to chamber music brings joy and satisfaction to the young cellist and teaches the student to hear the music as a whole.
• The two volumes (BA 8994, Ba 8995) are designed as companion publications to the Early Start on the Cello method. However, they work equally well as a supplement to any other cello method.
• A variety of rarely published works by well-known cellists and pedagogues such as Wilhelm Fitzenhagen, Hugo Schlemüller, and August Nölck make these publications attractive to teachers and students.