This short work, composed by Rossini in May 1832, comprises an introduction and an Allegro in three parts. The opening melody of the Allegro is an early example of Rossini’s re-use of musical material. The melody had been used previously in “ Assult de Varsavie ” , “ Pas Redoublé ” , a march for military band which Rossini had dedicated to Tsar Nicholas.
This composition is one of only a small number of chamber works by Rossini. It is an important contribution to the harp literature and will soon find its place in the standard repertoire. The edition is based on the first volume of the new Bärenreiter edition of the “ Works of Gioachino Rossini” (BA 10511). It is the first critical edition of the work.
- Urtext based on the “Works of Gioachino Rossini”
- First critical edition of the work
- With a detailed foreword (Ger/Eng/Ital) and Critical Commentary (Eng)